The BHSA Behavioral Health Apprenticeship Program is now hiring veterans!
The BHSA Behavioral Health Apprenticeship Program is pleased to announce our partnership with the Texas Veterans Commission in support and accordance with the Support for Veterans in Effective Apprenticeships Act of 2019, Pub.L. 116-134, (govinfo.gov/app/details/PLAW-116publ134), for a veteran or other individuals eligible under chapters 30 through 36 of title 38, United States Code, for use in connection with a registered apprenticeship program.” of the GI Bill to offer our program to queer, supporter, and ally veterans seeking a career in the behavioral health field.
BHSA recognizes the value military service members bring to the workplace. Veterans contribute experience, skills, and leadership abilities that strengthen the Texas workforce.
The program will offer veterans the opportunity to gain experience and training in a variety of areas, including:
· Providing clinical services to veterans with mental health or substance abuse disorders
· Coordinating and managing care for veterans with behavioral health needs
· Working with families and caregivers to support veteran behavioral health recovery
· Supporting veteran mental health and wellness initiatives
The Behavioral Health Apprenticeship Program is open to veterans who have:
· A minimum of 12 months of military service
· A passion for working with veterans with behavioral health needs
· A desire to continue their service by helping other veterans in the behavioral health community
The BHSA Behavioral Health Apprenticeship Program is supported by the Texas Department of Labor, Apprenticeship USA, the Texas Veterans Commission and the Texas Workforce which helps employers create career pathways and a brighter future for veterans.